Dramboree 2015 is all done & dusted. and whose life wasn’t changed for the better by such a brilliant weekend of whisky, fun and fine company?
There’s a lovely selection of photos to look at in our Dramboree 2015 Gallery, but to recap on the weekend’s goings on:
- The participants boarded the Dramboree coach in Edinburgh then journeyed to our base in the scenic & beautiful Cairngorms
- Friday evening we were treated to the Unreleased Distilleries presentation, by Ballindalloch Distillery, Strathearn Distillery and Ailsa Bay Distillery – giving a rare chance to talk to all three and taste their spirit, as well as discussing and contrasting their approaches, goals, attitudes and experiences
- Friday night after a hearty dinner the Dramboree Sharing Table was opened with a 20 second introduction to some of the lovely bottles people had brought to share
- Saturday morning we boarded the coaches and headed to Cragganmore Distillery and were given an in-depth tour, tasting & education day by some of Diageo’s top technical staff & blending team – culminating in a no-holds-barred Q&A session about Cragganmore, Diageo, and the whisky industry in general
- Saturday afternoon we returned to base for a fascinating tasting and talk by Iain Allen of Glen Moray distillery showing some of the things they do and why they do it that way, and experiencing different casked whiskies (and a beer) highlighting the range of flavours & tastes the distillery has access to
- Saturday evening’s dinner of a hog roast kept everyone happy and well fed before returning to the Sharing Table
- Saturday night the winner of the Dramboree Top Dram contest was declared and given their prize (courtesy Glencairn Crystal)
- And then following Sunday breakfast we boarded the coaches and were taken right back to the centre of Edinburgh!
We had a great time, and some participants who’d been to previous Dramborees thought this was the best one yet.
If this sort of thing sounds like your kind of weekend and you’d like to be kept informed about our plans for future Dramboree events, why not add your name to our mailing list?